As part of our commitment to your safety, Dr. Burkett performs most cosmetic plastic surgery operations at Baylor Surgicare At Mansfield This facility is certified by the Joint Commission, a nonprofit organization that establishes, maintains, and enforces strict guidelines for ambulatory surgical facilities. Additionally, our anesthesiologists are certified by the American Board of Anesthesiology and are trained and certified in advanced cardiac life support (ACLS).
Where your surgery is performed is as important as who is performing it. Choosing a Joint Commission accredited surgical facility and Dr. Richard Burkett provides you with peace-of-mind-knowing that:
- Our surgery centers have met stringent standards regarding surgical equipment, sanitation, fire safety, operating safety, and staff and surgeon credentials.
- Your procedure is performed using the most advanced instruments and monitoring techniques available during surgery and recovery.
- All surgical procedures are performed by a highly qualified plastic surgeon Dr. Richard Burkett.
- Anesthesia is administered by a board-certified anesthesiologist.
- The rate of complications from procedures performed in accredited surgical facilities has been shown to be similar to that of a hospital-based surgical facility.
- A procedure performed in an accredited ambulatory surgical center costs about 30 to 50% less than the same operation performed in a hospital.
Maintaining accreditation requires ongoing compliance with The Joint Commission regulations. Our surgical centers are continually evaluated and assessed to ensure the highest level of safety, quality, and efficacy for our patients.